In 2019 I read 54 books. That’s 8,579 pages. For audiobooks, I listened to just under two days of audio. 30% of my reading was graphic novels, of those mostly Star Wars comics from Marvel. Following closely was Kindle books at 28% of my reading. Followed by audiobooks and finally, hardcovers mostly form the library.
Speaking of the library, I saved $557.13 by visiting the library and not buying those books. I was gifted one book and an author reached out and gave me their book as well.
I read almost twice as many books in 2019 as I did in 2018. Most of the books I read this past year were actually published in 2016. My average book length was 209 pages. My average rating for books on GoodReads was 3.7. Overwhelmingly the books I read were written by US authors (37). And although I want to read more books by female authors, the books I read were by men (44 to 10).
My favorite books in 2019 (in the order I read them):
- Becoming by Michelle Obama
- The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead
- The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
- Star Wars Vol.1 Skywalker Strikes by Jason Aaron
- The Public Library by Robert Dawson
- The Little Free Library Book by Margret Aldrich
- We are the Weather: Saving the Planet Begins at Breakfast by Jonathan Safran Foer
- Tales from the Open Road: The Adventures and Misadventures of RV Living by Joe Russo